Depression is the major problem we are facing nowadays and the rate of it, is getting increased day by day due to social media or the new investment in technologies. According to the psychiatrist about 90% to 95% of the people are facing depression. According to research depression is the common mental disorder in America and almost 80% to 90% of Americans are facing it. Depression can strike at any age, it often starts from adulthood and research shows that children and adults are suffering and they have tried to get rid of it by torturing themselves, some has tried suicide, too. Women are more likely than men to experience depression. Some study shows that one-third of women will experience a major depressive episode in their lifetime. Depression has become so risky that we are not sure when and at which time we are going to loose our loved ones. Fortunately depression is treatable and we have found the solution, too.
- Lack of interest, helplessness, hopelessness, tired of living.
- Your brain is sick and it is not functioning very well because you think it is tired.
- It is that feeling that you don’t want to do anything at all, all you want is, to sleep ( though you can’t sleep ) and to be in a empty room.
- Lack of patience, you are not in a mood to talk to someone.
- You feel like a burden, useless, shameful, powerless.
- All you want is to run away and escape from the reality and you don’t want to accept what’s happening. You are just questioning and asking and then it happens that you are hearing for the sake of listening not getting and understanding the situation.
- You feel obsessed. It feels like nothing is going well and everything which is happening, they are not according to you.
- All you want is comfort, you want peace, you want to stop the fight which is inside you and for that you can go to any level that you would get even by hurting and torturing yourself. Your life seems to be like a mess. The hardest part of life.
These could happen for various reasons: selflessness, loneliness, sudden change in your life, death of your loved ones, loosing your loved ones, breakups, ignorance, lack of sleep, abnormality, continuous fight, financial trouble, family problem, lack of understanding, even sometimes being ugly, lack of intelligence, regrets, being scared and not able to sleep because you are afraid, the time you lack people to get you, having lots of pressure and tension, getting less score in exam, failure, when u feel guilty, sometimes due to overthinking.
It happens mostly when you don’t have anybody to talk to and share with. If there is a problem outside, you would most probable like to share it with someone at home. However, when you come back home, it happens that they are too much annoying and the feeling which you had before gets worse. Now you are more depressed and sad than before.
Mostly environment plays an important role here. These things will cause the mental disease, even it can make you psycho. And it could be caused by a combination of genetic, biological and psychological factors.
Things need to get done to stop it:
- Forgive and accept all these things which you are denying and not accepting the truth. Sometimes you are depressed because you are disturbed and you are disturbed because perhaps someone has done something wrong to you and you can’t forgive him so if you start forgiving, you will be free.
- Decide that the only real world, the only real you, is inside you. Remember that the world outside of you is just an illusion, even if that makes no sense at first. remain faithful to this new truth.
- Make peace with the external world, including yourself.
- Talk and spend time with someone who can get and understand and feel u easily that time it will be much easier for you to face things because we are interconnected. Separation means illusion so the best way is to be with your family and friends.
- In case, if these ideas could not help, you may consult your doctor. There is Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) which is a type of therapy in which electric currents are passed through the brain. ECT is mostly used for many other diseases, too.
- ECT can provide relief to those who are facing severe depression and have not been able to feel better with other treatments. This treatment is consist of a series of sessions, typically three times a week, for two to four weeks.’
- ECT may cause some side effects such as confusion, disorientation and memory loss etc. Fortunately these side effects are for short-term but the memory loss may proceed for some months around the time of the treatment course.
- ECT is not painful because you will not feel the electric impulses. First the patient is put under brief anesthesia and then given a muscle relaxant. After the treatment session, the patient is awake and alert.
As we discussed before that depression is risky so in midlife or older adults, it can co-occur with other serious medical illnesses such as hypersomnia, blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, cancer, and Parkinson’s disease ( it is a long-term degenerative disorder of the central nervous system).
Put feedback to let us know what you think about Depression, its reasons and symptoms and how to treat it.